I arrive at Alpha at about 9:30.
Ian is running late and I meet Amanda and Pearl. They sense my style and class immediately and ask where to find a good cheap bar in the city. Reflecting a moment, I give the girls the address to Asian Pub. The girls and I begin to talk football when I realize that girls have very little football acumen as Amanda divulges that only men find Tom Brady attractive. This is like talking to Knicks fan about basketball. To diffuse the tension, Henry brings out a round of Sake Bombs. I pound my sake bomb and instruct the hapless lady folk on the proper procedure
I follow this with Bud Light pint as the girls leave. The man sitting next me, clearly recognizing my immense creative talent, asks me what I am writing in. I explain the concept of the notebook and the man acts impressed. He introduces himself as Reeves, and he is the head of the SVA film and video department. He seems pretty interested in the concept of my journal but in reality I think he was sympathizing that I had to talk two women who clearly had no concept of the game of football (we all know everyone finds Tom Brady gorgeous).
As Reeves leaves, Ian comes in. Well not Ian, at least according to his new SAG card. No, no apparently Agent XI was too good to wait in line anymore in imdb. So now I am drinking with the artist formerly known as Ian. Of course Agent XI still enjoys the usual Alpha go to of a pitcher of bud light and a bottle of hot sake which we split.
We start going over what we need to do this month which includes finishing the terrible script of our pilot (Code Named EVERYONE LOVES TOM BRADY) and attend the Rodeo next weekend. The Rodeo at MSG has been a dream of ours for about a month and there is no way we are letting it go. If I don’t see Calf Wrestling live, I may cry.
With our second bottle of sake, we discuss when it became illegal to challenge someone to a duel. Apparently it is cool if you are Alexander Hamilton but if you are Gilbert Arenas?
Agent XI and I as for the check, discuss plans for his birthday trip to Japan via Vegas, and go next door to grab some pizza. I note how my handwriting has become terrible and we go to the next bar.
No comments:
Post a Comment