Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4th – Fat Cat

Last night was my sister’s last night in the city. She is heading back University of Georgia where she continue to get paid for handing out As to SEC athletes. But I will be damned if the Bulldogs don’t appreciate the hell of theater after she is done with them. I call Agent XI and we head down to the Fat Cat to spend one last night with her.

The Fat Cat is hipster’s paradise. On a Monday night the place is packed. It offers live jazz as well as a gazillion different games. People are playing pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, Scrabble, Chess, and even Magic the Gathering. There are couches everywhere just to chill out with a group of friends. No one seems particularly concerned that is a Monday night.

My sister hands me my first PBR can as she walks to me where her friends are. It is her friend Jordan’s birthday. Jordan is not only a talented actor but he also sports the world’s most impressive Jewfro. Seth Rogen would bow in Jordan’s Jewfrodom. A couple of other friends of my sister I know are there including Sheets. We sit around talk, I grab another PBR can, in order to fit in better around the gaggle of starving actors and actresses.

After some bullshitting I offer to play Agent XI in some chess. Loser buys next round. Despite his prep school and Ivy League education, Agent XI had no chance against a Math Team Legend like myself. He easily falls for wildcat offensive. As he goes to retrieve a PBR can as his penance, I bask in the glow of victory that can only be appreciated by someone who goes to Comic Book stores every Wednesday. And lets face it the ladies dig nerds. Well at least in theory.

The second game is even more crushing when I announce there is no way for Ian to win. Showing him every single maneuver he can do would lead to his imminent demise I allow to take back a couple of moves (he was already in a fairly deep grave) and played from there. I eventually lose after a couple of resets but go on to enjoy my last victory PBR can.

Drinking and Chess is where it is at … if, of course, you have no desire to meet women.

No comments:

Post a Comment