Monday, January 4, 2010

Mission Statement

Every year I hear people ramble on about their New Year’s resolutions. How they are going to change themselves or something they don’t like. It is usually preachy and within 2 months, they are even annoyed with their own rhetoric. Fact is New Year’s resolutions as worthless as the chick that made it one and half episodes on the Jersey Shore. Sure she was great in the beginning but she fell off right away.

So I thought about something to useful to do and I remembered high school. In high school when I was rolling deep with my math team crew, I use to journal. It beat the crap out of actually listening in class and teachers figured I was taking notes or at the very least I was being quiet, which was a huge plus for them. The journals turned out great because I got awesome quotes and didn’t learn a god damn thing in high school. Take that 19th century feminist literature.

I decided I would do this again. But instead of writing every day in work, where almost nothing interesting happens, I will force myself to drag a notebook out every time I go out to drink. That way I can log every drink of the New Year. I may write about non drinking events if they strike me as particularly interesting but this is really a drinking journal.

I know what you are thinking and I also agree that the Hudsucker Proxy is an underrated film. Also you are thinking “What about your drinks from New Year’s Eve?” Yes, I had drinks after midnight on New Year’s Eve some of which was a bottle of Jack Daniels given to me by friend Henry but that was New Year’s Eve. As far as I am concerned that was all December 31st. No one says I went drinking from Saturday to Sunday last night unless they are in Vegas. As far as I am concerned days start when I wake up and end when I fall asleep. Take that common convention. Though this is going to get pretty confusing the day I travel back from Japan.

So that is it. Every drink in 2010 goes in the journal. Party on Garth.

No comments:

Post a Comment