Friday, January 15, 2010

January 9th - Agent XI's place / Greenpoint

I rarely leave Manhattan if I can avoid it especially for going out on the weekends. It is tough as crap getting back to Manhattan from one of the outer boroughs. The subways run infrequently and the cabs are far and few between. Even if you catch one, it is a long ride home. However this night, I was going to go to Brooklyn. It pretty much takes wild horses to drag me out there but it was my friend, Gonul's birthday.

I get into to Manhattan a little later then I expected to so I head right over to Agent XI. I had a dark and stormy as I settled down and discussed our volleyball strategies for Tuesday (mostly I attended on looking as apathetic as possible). Agent XI decided to show me his extensive cyber stalking skills already had field reports on all the girls on the team. After digesting my first CIA field report, I poured another dark and stormy and began preparing for the trip to Brooklyn.

See you can't just go to Brooklyn, you have to prepare. First off you better know where you are going. If you don't have a general idea including nearby subway stops you could be wandering for years. That is what happened to Gulliver and Odysseus. Second you better have the number of the person you are meeting there. Otherwise you could stuck outside someone's place. Third and this is most important. You best reevaluate your decision to go to Brooklyn. I mean Brooklyn is hipster central. You best be prepared to bust out some sweet riot fight moves to teach those bastards life lessons in awesome. I generally like to headbutt a wall and listen to some Pantera.

We decide we use a cab finding a quick route to Greenpoint. That we avoided the evil know as the G train. Sixteen bucks and six flights later we arrive at the party. We arrive upon hipster central. I pour myself a vodka cranberry and run into my old friend Maura. Some guy is trying to talk to her but I immediately notice one of the big advances of hipster parties. The guy tried to imply he was talking to Maura already and all I had to do was give him a look and he went to stew in the corner. Surely he was writing a very mean spirited emo song about the situation.

Agent XI and I grabbed Dixie Cups of champagne and decided now would be a solid time to play Africa. Ian whips out his iPod and realizes any and all resistance would be snide comments said just within audible levels (stupid hipsters). Screw Norah Jones, it is Toto time bitches.

As Agent XI and I rock out to sweet melody of our favorite song when I meet Jane. Jane is a former honors chem student from NYU so we begin to go entirely in Geek mode. We talk about all our senile professors and how they couldn't remember our names. I talked about the standing ovations I once received for getting to Orgo 3 arriving on time (I swear to God a tear rolled down Professor Lukeman's cheek). Jane decides to impart some sage like wisdom in the journal.

It is not rape if you yell surprise

I remark that I am not entirely sure that is the law. Jane offers Agent XI and I a ride back to the city. We jump on it and take off. String Theory is discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment